Wild Turkey Chili
- Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and jalapeno pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
- Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, black beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
- Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.
For topping: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
* Green bell pepper can be used in place of jalapenos if you do not want the extra spice. You can also use wild or domestic turkey, ground chicken, venison, beef, or your favorite protein.