Garlic Butter Rice & Pacific Lingcod
- 6-8 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 2 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 ½ cups of long grain rice
- 2 ½ cups of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of scallions
- ¼ cup of mushrooms
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Heat a large saucepan
2) Add butter to pan. Once melted add garlic and mix together cook for 1-2 minutes and the butter and garlic is well infused.
3) Add rice to the pan and stir to coat in garlic butter.
4) Add chicken broth and cover the pan with a lid. Bring to a simmer then immediately turn heat to low.
5) Cook for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed by the rice.
6) Remove from stove and let rest for 10-minutes with the lid on.
7) Transfer into a serving bowl.
While rice is simmering and resting.
1) Add butter and melt butter in a large frying pan (best results using a cast iron pan). Do not burn the butter.
2) Cote cad fillets with Wild West Seasonings (Golden Crispy Fish coting mix)
3) place cod fillets in the hot pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fillets. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
4) Place the cad fillets on the bed of garlic rice in the serving bowl and garnish with fresh chives and serve hot.